Google My Business (GMB) is an awesome free tool from our friends at Google, where you can register your business location, website and contact details and optimise how this appears in local search results. We’re talking about this business information on the right hand side of a typical Google search:
If you don’t already have a GMB listing, we can set that up for you. If you do have a GMB listing, we’ll need you to add us a User so that we can work on your account. It’s very important to keep your GMB listing up to date, as conflicting information between your GMB listing and your website can impact you placement in search results.
Here’s how to add us as a user:
1. Sign into to your GMB account at business.google.com
2. Click the name of your business to open up the admin panel
3. Click Users on the left hand side navigation
4. Click the Add User icon in the top right-hand corner of the pop-up
5. Add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and select the Manager role, then click Invite
You’ve done it! We’ll now be able to access your GMB listing and make any changes needed.