It can be a real bother when you lose access to your business assets in Meta (Facebook and Instagram). Meta is constantly changing and have introduced new automated checks and measures to increase security. If you haven’t checked and updated your access levels lately, you might find you get locked out.
Please note, we can only help you get Meta Support to claim back an business Facebook pages, Ad accounts, Instagram accounts or other business assets. If you have are unable to login to your personal Facebook or Instagram account, this is considered a hack, and you need to go through the automated account recovery process.
There are 2 things you need to do to ensure you don’t loose access to your business assets.
- Check your contact details (email address and mobile number) are up to date. Activate 2-step authentication, and verify by every possible means, including email, SMS and a third party app like Google Authenticator or Duo. You need multiple ways to authenticate yourself incase for some some reason one doesn’t work. Don’t forget there is also code generator within Settings of the Facebook App on your mobile.
- Make sure you have more than one administrator in your Meta Business Settings. All to often, business owners setup FBM with only themselves as admin. By adding another one, or two, admins that you trust, you can go to them for help if ever you get locked out.
If you have completely lost access, we may be able to help you you claim back the following business assets;
- Facebook Page
- Business Ad Account
- Business Manager Account
- Business Instagram Account
To do so, you need to be aware that the process can take up to 30 days or more. In most cases we should be able to resolve your problem, but in some cases we may be unable to assist further. Hourly charges apply for us following up with Meta Support.
We will also need authorisation on your behalf, and the following information;
- A photo of your current valid ID such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- Check your email – we need the past three invoices/billing statements on the Ad Account(s) that the Business owns AND the last 4 digits of the credit card(s) on the account(s)
- Any of the following documents representing your business, such as
- Certificate of Formation (for a partnership)
- Articles of Incorporation (for a corporation)
- Local Business License (issued by your city, county, state, etc.)
- A utility bill
- Tax filing
We also need a signed statement bearing the following information;
- The Facebook email address and profile URL associated with the Facebook account that you are requesting to be added to the Business Manager.
- You must state that the information you have provided is true and accurate (e.g. “I certify that the information provided is true and accurate”)
- A description of your relationship to the business and authority to request access.
- Explanation of your Request (This may include but is not limited to instances wherein there is a termination of employment or ceased business relationship with the named employee/person, as applicable).
If you can supply the above points of ID, just make a request and we can write and submit the statement for you.